Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Today's Agenda...Cook lunch for 100 hungry construction workers & visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris!

Well, last night at the dinner table, Todd so innocently asks me what I have planned for tomorrow. (today) I had plans for my friend, Tosha to keep Sarah so I could do something fun with Jason and get some house-cleaning wrapped up, too. He then asked me if I could get someone to keep Jason as well. I shivered at the thought of something exciting to do for he and I! Did he get the day off and wants to spend it with me doing fun stuff as a couple.....is there something great going on that I could go do if I had a babysitter for both kids....what wonderful thing is he fixing to ask me to do tomorrow!? OH THE EXCITEMENT AND ANTICIPATION! Then, he dropped the bomb on me....he has to cook for 70 hungry men at a construction site in Oklahoma! Hmmmmm......not my idea of a "fun" day....but time with my hubby helping him doing something he had to do sounded good to me! SO, I got the kids tended to with the help of some very sweet girlfriends who were more than happy to lend a hand! THANKS TOSHA, KIM & REGINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, we had to leave our house by 8:30 or 9...........didn't happen. We were running a bit behind. Like an hour. SO, we had to stop at a Wal-Mart to get all of the food for the event. It was the closest thing to that show "Supermarket Sweep" that I'd ever been involved in! BUT there was no grand prize at the end of the show! LOL We divided and conquered and bought stuff to make 120 burgers and 64 hot dogs including all the 'fixins' in a matter of less than 25 minutes!

I felt pretty accomplished to say the least! We got to the site and Todd started cooking and I set up everything else. We got it done. It was hot, we were tired and we finally finished up around 1:45 this afternoon. When we got back in the truck, I started reading a magazine while Todd made some sales calls around the area. Then I passed out for a while and had a much needed nap!

A bit later, Todd stops the truck and wakes me up and says "THERE IT IS!" I woke up and looked out my window and we were stopped in front of the Eiffel Tower. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE ANYTHING to do with Paris or New York. Both places of which I've never been to. (which may explain the infatuation! LOL) I have a feeling though that someday when I get to go...........I WILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST KNOW IT! So, he went to show me the Texas version of the Eiffel Tower! I took a photo without the red cowboy hat on top to pretend I was really in Paris.................but I love the ones I got! They turned out perfect and the sky was beautiful today!!!

All in all, I suppose it was a great day! I spent the whole day with Todd, got a small nap, saw the Eiffel Tower, took some great pics and went to Sonic! I'll chalk this up as a good day, sure!



No comments: