
Well, Jason starts the fourth grade in the morning! While I am both happy & sad about this, I realize how fast he is growing up and what a wonderful little man he is becoming. I had thought about putting Sarah in preschool this year and then realized she would have 2 more full years before going to kindergarten because she's a September baby...so I decided to keep her with me for one more year! I am going to teach her a lot of stuff this year, though! We have a schedule made up of what she is going to learn and I've made little lesson plans for her and we are going to spend time every day (with exception, I'm sure) learning and growing in brain power! She is like a sponge right now! Everything you tell her (and some things you don't want her to hear)....she remembers...........and repeats...................sometimes at the most embarrassing moment...........for me. LOL
She heard me tell someone she was like a sponge and she said "Mommy, I'm not YELLOW!" Clearly, we watch too much Spongebob Squarepants at our house! haha I am excited about teaching her this year! I have her folder made up and ready for tomorrow....something I will have to do every night or a week in advance to stay prepared and motivated! Tomorrow, we are working on the letter A and the number 1. Seems appropriate being that it is our first day! LOL But the next day... bet you can't guess what it is...............you did.................it's B and the #2. Man, sometimes I am so predictable!
Jason is thrilled to be going to his brand NEW school tomorrow! It looks like a high school! He got a GREAT teacher this year, too! She has already asked him to bring his electric guitar on the 2nd day of school to rock out in the classroom for them! He's on cloud nine! Today, he picked out his clothes, gathered all of his stuff, etc. He is ready! He even went to bed without a fight at all! Excellent! Just the way I like it!
Now if I could learn to go to bed at a decent hour, we'd be making some progress, I suppose! Too bad! That's probably not happening any time soon! I am ready for the morning! I have everything laid out, lunch is packed and in the fridge, house is straight, Sarah's work is in her folder and ready and I set the table and got each of them a card to commemmorate this special day! (I do that a lot!) LOL I am making their favorite breakfast...pancakes! I guess you could say as Spongebob would say...'I'm ready......I'm ready.............I'm ready!"
For all of you moms who are sending yours off tomorrow as I am to levels you can't believe are already here..........and those just putting them in kindergarten for the first time............I know what you're feeling. For the moms of the older ones....it's that "I know I can't kiss and hug them goodbye in front of their friends and it breaks my heart!" For the moms of the younger ones....ist the "I can't believe my baby is not a baby anymore and is going to school!" Pretty soon, I'll be posting photos of Jason's first car, his prom, graduation, etc! It sounds silly, but we are halfway there already! The only advice I have for you today is...............enjoy it. Today is here. Deal with it. Love it and hopefully, it will love you back!


No comments:
Post a Comment