Thursday, March 6, 2008

Got Snow?

WE HAVE GOT SOME SNOW, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh..........if you think we had it the other day.........take a look at today!

We had a forecast of snow for the late afternoon, but I don't think anyone expected this!

Todd called home at noon and said it was sleeting across town, I opened the window to look and the roofs were already white! By 12:30, the yards were almost completely white and at 1:30, COVERED in snow! Todd went to get Jason from school and they are home for the blizzard! haha

(For us Texans, this is the closest thing to a blizzard we may see! haha)

So, here are the pics and I am taking pictures EVERY hour this afternoon to capture the snowfall. It's already at least 8 inches on the ground in a matter of 2 hours. UNBELIEVABLE!

When it started snowing, Sarah was in her room playing dress up in an old Easter dress and I opened her window to show her. She grabbed her fairy princess doll and ran to the window to show her! She was amazed by the snow. To see life through her eyes is so fascinating sometimes. She stood at the window for a long time just watching it. Then, she saw a bunch of birds flying around and got sad and said "Mommy, those birds are cold." I had to assure her that they would find somewhere to hide until the snow went away.

Hope you like the pics and check back for more later!

Todd and Jason & I have already been out and had a snowball fight that Todd won, of course.

I am baking a homemade lasagna for dinner and we look like we're down for the count!

Love to all! Sharon

Sweet Silhouette...

"Yep, it's snowing...!"

Completely Amazed...

The photos below will be posted in order of the time they were taken. The first set at 12:30 in the afternoon and then an hour or so every time after that. Enjoy!

This picture of the doormat show the size of the snowflakes. These had just landed and this is the actual size of them. There were even some bigger than this. THEY ARE HUGE! They are coming down so fast it is just crazy!


What a difference an hour made.....

Here comes the calvary! Todd went to get Jason early and come home for the day! Yea, I didn't have to drive! haha They cancelled school right after he got Jason. It took them 30 minutes to get home from 4 miles down the road. Seemed like they would never get here!

Jason is pretty excited!


SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








No comments: