Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall is in the Air!

Well, it's my favorite time of year! (Sarah's too!) She and I both LOVE the leaves and the cool breezes of fall. Jason is getting ready for Halloween with Todd! He wanted to be a Ghostbuster again this year and Todd helped him make a REAL proton pack to wear on his back. Sure, it weighs almost as much as Jason, but he doesn't care! LOL I am thankful for a husband who takes the time to do stuff like this with our kiddos. Jason loves that his dad takes so much time and put in so much effort into always making sure his costume is perfect!

We always love to have fun as a family for Halloween. We look at is as our one day of the year to be silly and be whatever you want to be! Our kids love that we ALL dress up and we always have great memories of each year. This year, Jason is going to be a Ghostbuster (like he was 2 years ago! LOL But he loved it and now he has a real proton pack!) and Sarah will be either a mermaid or a cheerleader. She can't make up her mind. :) She may be a hospital patient, instead.....we hope!

On to that subject....the hospital has rescheduled her for November 16th, but they are trying to fit her in before that if they get any cancellations. If a child shows up for the pre-op testing and is sick or for some reason can't have surgery as planned, they will call us to be there the next morning. I had our bags packed and by the door, but this week, I've decided to unpack them.
It is hard waiting. I don't even want to buy groceries because we could have to leave at any time. I have been buying things I can freeze, etc. The house has stood at attention as I have cleaned and cleaned and taken clothes off our backs and put the STRAIGHT into the washer to keep everything done. I feel good that it is staying caught up, but really, I think it's my nerves that are keeping me going at this point! LOL

We are trusting in God that his timing is perfect. We know that. We are just waiting. Waiting is the hardest part. I feel like we are about to have a baby! I feel like I am nesting with all the cleaning and organizing constantly. Packing and unpacking, due dates, etc! Thankfully, we are not! haha I have all the babies I ever wanted and am so happy with them!

I am hoping that I get to be involved with Jason and his fall activities as much as possible. He has a fall festival at his new school and lots of fun stuff going on. We moved him to private school about a month and a half ago and we LOVE it! He is doing so great and he loves going to school. We are anticipating moving into town most likely after January as the home we leased last January when we moved to Lufkin is for sale and our lease will end then. I am excited to know we can live wherever we want without regard to school districts since he is happily settled in his new school!

I am going to post some photos of Sarah from the pumpkin patch later! I need to get Jason to take some photos. He is at "that" age right now where it is so uncool to be photographed! LOL I will try to get some of him, though!

Have a great day and bless someone else!

Sharon

No comments: