Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Festivities....staying BUSY!

Just wanted to post some new photos for you all! This has been a hard week for me as three children I had been praying for all passed away within 3 days of each other. All of them with Congenital Heart Disease. I did however, quit worrying about when Sarah's surgery will be and started taking in every single moment of playing with her and Jason and being their mommy every minute of the day. Sometimes, we get so wrapped up in life that we forget to live. I feel as if I have a "pause" button on me and someone pushed it when Sarah's surgery got rescheduled. I realized that the only way to get past that was to push PLAY! So, I did. We have enjoyed a lot of family time together over the past few weeks and having nothing on our calendars as we had pretty much cleared the rest of our next 2-3 months to recover from her surgery. Looks like we'll be cleared for even longer for that and that is okay. I am thankful for every minute we get!


This is a photo of Sarah and her heart friend, Mikaela! Mikaela had her open heart surgery on October 2nd and this is her and Sarah having lunch at our house last week! She is doing GREAT and I hope these two will be friends for life as they share a very rare and special bond that most 4 and 5 year old girls don't. They came over and we enjoyed chicken noodle soup and then nail painting! (princess pink, of course!)
I have grown very close to Mikaela's mommy, too! We also share a great bond and she is precious!



Just an afternoon of playing Candyland and drinking some Hot Apple Cider!












This is the pumpkin I carved for Sarah! She is going to be "Ariel" from the Little Mermaid this year and so we are making her pumpkin to match! She has a hard time seeing "Ariel" though! LOL Jason's ghostbuster pumpkin photos coming SOON! Also, I had to do ALL the work on Sarah's because she GAGS every time she smells pumpkin! It's pretty funny but I understand!








Fall pics of Sarah in the pumpkin patch!
Hanging out by the fire in her new toe socks from mommy and petticoat from Mimi!






Me and my girl!






Silly String wars with Presley!










An afternoon of fun with cousins!


























My handsome little guy and his cute pumpkin!






















This is Sarah "modeling" her new Ariel costume that "Aunt Robyn" gave her for her birthday! She cannot WAIT for Halloween to wear it! :)


No comments: