Well, for those of you who don't follow on Facebook.....Sarah's surgery got cancelled for today. Another patient needed a double lung transplant and our surgeon was the man for the job so we gave up our spot happily and are rescheduling later this week. Yes, I was sad. It was very emotional. To have everything ready and make alllllll the arrangements and get there and be mentally, physically and emotionally prepared for it and then pack up and come home WAS hard but nothing compared to having an 8 year old little boy who had his life saved by a new pair of lungs! I immediately started praying for his surgery to go well as soon as I heard that was why we were cancelled and from what I hear, he is stable and in recovery! I am so thankful!
Sarah was kind of glad to skip surgery and head home! LOL Jason was kinda bummed because I called and said "Well, you need to go on to school on Tuesday instead of missing" and he was like "mannnnn.....". Oh, well! LOL He got over it pretty quick!
We made it home safely this afternoon and our neighbor who Sarah LOVES was heading up her driveway towards our house as we pulled in. Sarah got right out of the car and headed to Miss Susan with her arms open. Then, Susan took her home for a few hours so mommy could have a big nap! I feel so much better now!
Mimi is on her way home with Jason and all of his clothing now! I can't wait to see him and it's only been 2 days! I miss my boy! Sarah actually cried for bubba last night! Funny how when they are together, they can't stand each other but as soon as you pull them apart, they are the only people in the world who will do!
I will post more as soon as we find out more! Sarah is doing great and we are thankful to be resting at home! Thank you all so much for such awesome support and prayers! We can literally FEEL the love around us! We are so blessed!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment