Thursday, February 12, 2009

Working Hard!




I am so proud of Jason. He has moved to his new school in the middle of the year, which I know from experience is SO hard. He is trying so hard to "catch up" and get on track. He makes me proud every day!
Last week, he asked to start riding the bus. I told him that was fine, but questioned him if he "REALLY" wanted to do that. He loves it for some reason. They are allowed to take an ipod and listen to their music, so I think that's it! He has a few friends on the bus, as well. When I found out all the bus information, I thought....that will never happen. The bus comes around 6:35 a.m! Usually, he's waking up about that time! But, I was wrong.
Since he decided he wanted to ride the bus, he has set his own alarm every night. He gets up at 5:45 a.m., gets himself dressed (in clothes that I laid out the night before) and then he goes in the kitchen, fixes his own cereal and starts watching cartoons! When I hear him clanging around in the kitchen, I wake up and hang out with him for a few minutes before he has to rush out the door to jump on the bus! A few times a week, I make him pancakes, so I tell him the night before to wake me up when his alarm goes off and he does! But every day, he wakes up in a great mood, dresses himself and is very responsible! Part of me is "sad" because I feel like he's getting too old to need mom to help him.....but the other part of me.....PROUD! I am so thankful that he is growing up into a kid that shows initiative and wants to do things for himself! Now, if I can just get Todd to do the same thing.....JUST KIDDING! (I hope Todd is reading this! LOL) Todd is VERY self sufficient, as well! Love you, honey! :)
Jason, if you are reading this blog.....like I know you do sometimes without telling mommy....
I love you and I am SOOOOOOOOOO proud of you! You make me thankful to be a mom! Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ok, that is so like you to give him a snack in a coffee filter! Love it!