
This afternoon, I allowed Sarah to do her new favorite activity! She LOVES to play in the mud! haha My girly girl, princess of posh, glitzy, glittery, sparkly shoe wearing little diva is a dirt-aholic! She LOVES to mash her hands in the dirt and make her handprints on the sidewalk. She loves to pull weeds. She loves to pretend she is building houses for ladybugs and rolly-polly bugs out of dirt and sticks and leaves in the flowerbeds. She is precious and these photos are priceless to me. I love that even though she is all dressed with her sparkly princess shoes (which may be ruined...I'm not sure yet), she loves to still just be a little girl. I love for her to look cute and wear cute things, but I don't ever want that to stop her from being a 4 year old. Today, it didn't! LOL I'm sure the shoes will recover just fine. They'll probably retire to the "feeding the horses shoes" or the "playing in the rain" shoes. Either way, it'll be fine. They were almost too small anyway.
Another thing she did today that made me smile...and think....was at the grocery store. We were in a hurry and she insisted on walking with me instead of riding in the buggy. I nearly refuse to give in to the thought that she is too big to ride! She is my last "baby" and I am hanging on not wanting to let her grow up too fast. But, no matter how hard I try...I have to let go sometimes and let her be the big girl that she is. I swear it is happening right in front of my eyes. Every day, I wake up and she's older, bigger, more mature. Today, she woke up and made her own bed! WITHOUT being asked!!!! I was so surprised...but also a little sad. Back to the grocery store....we are hurrying through the store getting a few last minute things and rushing to get home so Jason can get off the bus. She stops right in our tracks to smell the flowers in the floral department. Literally, bends over and starts smelling them and exclaiming how "wonderful and fabulous" (her exact words) they smell! I said quickly, in that hurry up...mommy's in a rush tone of voice...."Yes...pretty flowers...now let's go" as I grabbed her hand. She refused to move! She made me stop and smell the flowers.
I'm glad she did.
So, this blog is to remind each of you.....don't get to busy and caught up in who you are to BE who you are...stop and "play in the mud" and on the way, don't forget to really stop and smell the flowers. We rush past things every day that God puts in front of us. Opportunities to help others, develop friendships, learn things about ourselves....and things to delight the senses. Such as....flowers and mud.





No comments:
Post a Comment