
On Tuesdays, we try our best to go hear my Dad play piano at the hospital. He is such a great piano player and he LOVES playing for people walking by. He uses the time to talk to them as well and he is a true blessing to a lot of people. He plays 2 times a week, but Tuesday is our day to go! Sarah LOVES it! We make a big deal of it and she makes me curl her hair and dress her up to go hear her "Gampa" play piano. I love that she is getting to enjoy hearing him because I enjoyed it so much as a child. I remember laying in bed at night as he would be in the living room of our house playing it for me to fall asleep. It is one of my most cherished memories from childhood. Now, I am helping build those kind of memories for my children. Jason loves to go hear Grandpa, too and they are wanting to get together and practice with Jason on his acoustic guitar and grandpa on the piano so they can play together sometime. Jason is very excited about that! Probably this summer because of school, though.
Sarah had a great time, as you can see....She took her own purse and her own money to buy her own popcorn from the hopsital volunteer. They are always so sweet to her! She loves to buy her popcorn. She sits and listens for a bit while eating popcorn and then she dances around the piano. Dad smiles the whole time! Tuesdays are great!




1 comment:
what a great memory! I love it when my Mom plays for us and our kids too! There are those particular songs, that we used to 'boogie' too, and Natalie is begining to recognize it too! Memories are great! :)
Post a Comment