Monday, September 8, 2008

Just a Blog...

Well, today I have nothing spectacular or really exciting to read about but I felt like blogging....so let's see where this leads! :)

Sarah starts dance classes today. She took them during the Spring and loved it and now we are getting ready for a Christmas Recital! She is excited about today! I stayed up late last night and made her the cutest little hair clippies that look like ballet slippers. I sculpted them out of grosgrain ribbon! I saw them for sale somewhere and made them and they look even cuter than I thought they would! I can't wait for this afternoon to get her dressed in her little leotard and ballet skirt and tights and put her hair in a little bun and add her new clippies! She's going to look so cute! :)
slurp....
Jason had a great weekend, too! Friday night, one of his best friends called and asked him to come and stay the night! He was thrilled! Saturday, I went to pick him up and he wasn't ready to leave his friend. So, I let him stay a few more hours. His parents said it was fine and they were happy to have him, so that was fun for him. Then, yesterday, we had their whole family over for dinner and we bbq'd and I made homemade potato salad & baked beans. It was great! The boys all played video games and Erica & I got to visit a little, too!
Slurp...
I stayed up until 4 a.m. this morning working on tutu's & hairbows. It was not easy to get up this morning, and we actually slept a little too late but Todd took Jason to school for me, so that was nice! I am sitting here still in my pj's and enjoying my coffee between paragraphs! It's a good day, so far! Right now...I can honestly say "I'm having a FABULOUS week!" LOL
slurp...
I am also posting a video of Sarah from last night! A few days ago, I took the trash out to big trash can and when I came back in, Sarah had a new trash bag already in the can! I was shocked! That has been one of Jason's chores for a while now and she wants to take over! I already let her help me dust and put away her laundry. She knows where all of her clothes go and she is really good about putting them up.....however....she is equally as talented at dragging them ALLLLLL out daily! LOL Well, last night, I videoed her while she put the trash bag in. It was my first time to get to SEE her do it and I was amazed at the hard work and effort it required for her. She did a great job, though! Jason is excited to give up 1 chore for his sister...he's such a generous brother! haha Sarah LOVES to help around the house. I find her to be a real blessing when it comes to cleaning. Granted....she is usually the main reason I have to "clean up" in the first place but at least she will help clean it up!
Slurp....
Here's a mommy tip! I play a game with her that I used to play with Jason. She is finally old enough to understand it and enjoy it! Jason has LONG outgrown it! haha We call it the "Challenge". We set the timer on the microwave for 15 minutes. Turn on loud silly music. Something fast with a beat! Then, we hit start and we have 15 minutes to clean the whole house! We go from room to room and I pick things up, hand them to her and tell her to "RUN and put this ....." and she does! We get all 3 beds made in the mornings, all the toys out of the floor, load the dishwasher and spray down with windex! If Jason is helping, we also get the vaccuuming done! We are FAST! Now, we're not talking "deep cleaning" here....but it does help keep the house straight. We only do it once a day. I usually wait until the afternoon because it needs it most right before Todd gets home. It is a fun way to get them to help and I enjoy it too! Also...it's good cardio! LOL
Slurp....
Well, I hope you all have a blesssed and wonderful week! I'll be up to my neck in tulle all week!
Slurp....
Talk to you all later!
Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the most precious thing I have ever seen! If children are going to learn by what they see...your kids are in good shape! Mine...are going to have dirty houses and take LONG Sunday afternoon naps! ha ha Miss you guys! LINDA:)<><