Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Finally an update.....

Sorry that it has taken me so long to update. Sarah is GREAT! We couldn't get a good connection for me to log onto my blog at the hospital.

Here's a rundown of the last 48 hours....

Monday: Sarah had her open heart surgery and did GREAT! It took a little over 5 hours and then she went to CV-ICU to recover. She did better than expected. (She always does! Thank the LORD!)

Monday night: I sat with Sarah through most of the night with the exception of leaving to take a few hours worth of a nap while she slept. It was a very hard and emotional night. She cried alot and asked me questions like "Why do I have to do this, mommy...other kids don't have to do this?" and "Why did you let them hurt me, mommy?" It was gut wrenching, but thankfully, only I will remember it and not her as she was heavily medicated.

Tuesday: I nearly fainted at her bedside around 9 a.m. I then left the room and Todd stayed with her while I tried to lay down in the waiting room for a few minutes and get my composure. I thought I was just emotional and tired but then I started feeling worse. I tried to eat something and started feeling nauseated. I then went to lay down and take a nap and when I woke up, had 101 fever. It quickly went to nearly 103 and I went to the urgent care center and tested positive for flu a which is mostly decided to be h1n1. I gathered my things and headed home. Carolyn (my mother in law) was with me all day but has gone to get tested today and is clear so far. She is waiting a few days to make sure she doesn't get symptoms, too. Todd is with Sarah and his sweet cousin, Todd Clarke is with him, too. They are teaming up and taking care of our girl. Thankfully, Laura & James also live in Houston and are helping with everything they need. Sarah is going to get to watch a movie and hang out with lala tonight while daddy takes a break.

Today: I am home. Alone. Sick. Sad. Pitiful. But.....God hears me and knows I am sad and I am trying to remain positive. I am hoping that through this, Todd and Sarah really get a chance to bond as father and daughter. She is a mama's girl usually, so this may be a great way for her to learn to depend on her daddy a little more, sometimes.

This too shall pass. "The Lord gives strength to his people. The Lord blesses his people with peace." Psalms 29:11


No comments: