Well, this is moving day! And it's been "Moving Week" since Monday! We are moving back home to Lufkin and we couldn't be more excited about it. We have missed our family, our friends and our church family SO MUCH! Todd was offered a promotion and we just happened to luck out that it was Lufkin! We honestly thought we would be moving somewhere that we didn't know anyone and have to build a life there....again.In June 2006, we moved to Sherman with UR and they have been such an awesome company to work for. Todd has enjoyed learning the ropes of the business here in Sherman and now we are ready to move on to the next big thing.
The kids are THRILLED to be going home where all of their grandparents live! They have missed all of their little friends who they've been with since birth, pretty much. Jason will get to return to HIS school where he started Kindergarten so he is excited about that, too.
This week, Todd had to go to the Lufkin branch to get started on his work stuff. He worked here in Sherman on Monday and then left Monday afternoon. Sarah got to go with him and she was SO excited! She has never gone on a trip by herself with her Daddy and she thought it was a vacation! It was so precious. Daddy came home and she was squealing and ready to jump in the truck and go. She is so funny! I got photos of her in the back seat. She has been gone since Monday because Mimi & Pop are keeping her for us so that we could finish packing and moving. I miss her so much and CANNOT wait to get to Lufkin today to see my sweet girl. She has had a blast, though and it was her first time away from me for more than a day or two. Mimi said she has done great, though, so I am glad for that. (Although secretly, it kind of hurts my feelings that she's not crying for me....I am thrilled that she's been so good for Mimi & Pop!)
While she and Todd have been gone, I enjoyed some good quality time with my favorite little boy! We went out Monday night for a "Mommy & Jason" date where we talked about things like "What he wants to be when he grows up"..."what would you name your kids when you are married and grown up?" "What college do you think you'll want to go to". "What do you think your first car will be like?" etc. It was fun to just ask him questions like that and see what he had to say! It was interesting and I was very proud of him! He said he wants a job in "digital arts" and to make movies like Pixar films. He is thinking ahead! Good boy!
Yesterday, I took him at 5:45 in the morning and went to Ihop for pancakes! HE LOVES PANCAKES! I let him order the "big" breakfast because he said that is what he wanted. He ate less than half of it, but he felt so big to order it and not from the "child's menu". We had fun sitting and looking stuff up on the internet on my ipod. Ihop has free WiFi so that was fun! After lunch, I went to check him out of his school which took almost an hour because we couldn't find a math book and I was going to have to write a check for $58! needless to say, we SEARCHED the school and found it in another friend's desk! Whew! His friends were sad he was leaving and wanted a photo with him. They were all so sweet!




Todd came home last night and we are leaving this afternoon. The movers will be here around noon! We won't actually unload and unpack at the new house until in the morning. I can't wait! My mother in law, Carolyn, is coming to help me and she and I together are the dynamic duo when it comes to getting the house done! Every time I've moved, she's helped me and we've had the whole house unpacked, decorated completely and cooking dinner in less than 2 days! She rocks! I am so thankful to have a great mother in law who I am friends with!
Well, I will post photos as soon as we get moved in! Friends in Lufkin....COME SEE ME! I don't care if I'm moving in or not! I am looking forward to some "drop in" company! :) Love to all and have a blessed day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye, Ms. Williams! Jason will miss you so much! :) You are a GREAT teacher! Good luck with the rest of the year.

No comments:
Post a Comment