Well, finally! I am back online! WOOHOO!!!!! Man, I missed the internet!
We have since gotten moved, settled, etc. and are LOVING life in our new house and back in our hometown. True, I do miss my friends in Sherman/Pottsboro very much, though. However, I know we will see each other again! I can't wait for a visit but it will probably be a bit. I can't seem to catch my breath since we arrived.
Every day is something. It's all great, but I am worn out! LOL I have had so many lunches, dinners, shopping, visits, etc. WHICH IS AWESOME! I am loving seeing everyone and getting back into the groove of things here. We got to go back to our church on Sunday and it was wonderful. We were surrounded with love and hugs and "welcome home's" from everyone and it felt great. It was a wonderful homecoming!
Jason got to go right back to class and ended up in class with 2 of his best friends! One of them he's been in class with since kindergarten with the exception of when we were moved away and the other was his favorite soccer buddy who he's also been in class with before. He's had after school company this week and we made ice cream sundaes and that was fun for him and his friend, too! He also got to start taking guitar lessons again from his favorite guitar hero....Max! Jason LOVES going to Sound Techs and playing guitars and looking around. They love him there! He's about the youngest guitar player they have. Max told me that he wanted to get Jason up to speed on one of his band's songs and then let Jason take the stage with him and his band at the "Downtown Hoedown" this Spring! Jason is SO excited!
Speaking of stages.....my father in law is making a stage for Jason's room! It's only a few inches off the floor but it is going to be painted black with silver decals that have an electric guitar and his name under it! It will also have lights around the edges! He cannot wait! He will have his own stage in his room and a place to display all his guitars. (He has 3 now and wants to buy another one in May with his saved money and birthday money!) He's going to have quite a collection by the time he's 18 if he keeps that up!
Sarah is happy happy happy here in Lufkin! She misses Savannah Grace and talks about her EVERY SINGLE DAY! I hear her talking in her playroom to her dolls and saying, "Okay, Savannah Grace....now you sit here and I'll sit over here and we can share our chicken nuggets!" It is so sweet! She doesn't understand that we can't just "meet at McDonald's" any day we want with Savannah Grace and "Willy Claire" (aka "Lilly Claire") LOL However, she is very excited about being near her grandparents again! Last Friday, we went to the hospital to hear my dad play piano. He plays there at Memorial Medical Center every Tuesday and Friday from 10-2. I love going because it is great to just sit and hear him play the songs I grew up hearing him play. I also love that it will be a lasting memory for Sarah always. Jason gets to go sometimes in the summer, but right now....it's just mostly Sarah. She LOVES going! We always let her dress up to go hear the piano man! She walks around and talks to the volunteer ladies and dances, etc. She really loves that! Also, every day, we go see "Mimi & Pop". For the first few days, she tried to pack her bags every time we headed to their house! I had a hard time getting it through to her that it would not take us four hours to get to their house anymore! LOL She's finally got it, though!
Todd is loving work. He is settling in and trying to get things going the way he wants them to! He got to go to lunch with his best friend, Jeff, yesterday which was great! He has really missed getting to be around his friends. He and Jeff grew up together and we all have kids and are married and grown up but we all still get together to goof off just like old times! :)
I am so thankful that out of all of the places we could have been sent....we are back home!!!! We were so blessed to find the perfect house, in the perfect school district for Jason and there are even horses outside the kids' bedroom windows! We go feed them every day! They aren't ours, but we are able to feed them carrots. They love it! The kids AND the horses. Even if we just walk outside, the horses will come to the fence. They love us and we love them. They are beautiful and Sarah's favorite thing to do is name them something different every day. Their real names are Brandy (a solid brown beauty) and Baby (a beautiful paint horse). So far, their names have been: Brownie & Smores, Hershey & Kisses, Sparkles & Sunshine, Lilly & Sparkles (like on Barbie & the Diamond Castle), Alexxa & Bianna (also from Barbie and the diamond castle!) and a few other names I can't even think of! haha
I will be posting LOTS of photos later so you can all see the house, etc. I have to go to a teacher conference today just to meet with Jason's teachers so we can make sure I know how their system works in their classrooms, etc. and then I am going to lunch with a bunch of girlfriends to Mar Teres Tea Room!!!!! That is my most favorite place ever!!!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!
Hope you are all having a great week! Love to everyone! Sharon
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment