Today, I have been to the Dallas Symphony, Dallas Museum of Art, the Nasher Sculpture Center, ate lunch sitting on a public sidewalk in downtown Dallas, sat through a 1 hour dance class for Sarah and cooked dinner. Nothing about dinner was blog-worthy! Sorry! haha We had bbq sandwiches and fritos! Woohoo! I'm not an everyday gourmet! haha
The field trip was awesome! I had to get up at 5:30, shower, get dressed and have Jason & Sarah ready to walk out the door by 6:30! Sarah went to my friend, Tosha's house today and stayed all day. She has 2 small children so she had her hands full all day, i'm sure! haha She said Sarah was great but I think our definitions vary! :) She is the most laid back mom I know! She's really great with kids.I wish I were more like her in that aspect. She has the patience of a saint! haha
Jason & I were at the school by 7:15. The bus didn't get there until after 8:40 which was almost an hour late. There was a slight mixup with the date involved and they had to find us a bus! We finally loaded and headed to Dallas with 37 kids and some teachers and a few parents. We had a truly great time! First of all, we went to the Meyerson Symphony Center. It was beautiful and we had balcony box seating which was awesome! The symphony was terrific and the kids loved it. Afterwards, we walked to the Dallas Museum of Art which Jason & I will be going back to very soon. It was absolutely amazing. It was quick, though because we were on a tight schedule. We loved every minute of it though. Jason & I are really into museums! Todd isn't so much and Sarah is impossible in anywhere that requires "quiet" and "reverence"! haha So, Jason & I are going to take our own field trip one Saturday in May. 





When we finished at the DMOA, we headed to the bus and got all of our sack lunches out. We sat right down on the sidewalk and made ourselves at home. We were kind of on a side street and out of the way so we had a picnic right in the middle of the sidewalk! First time for everything, I suppose. After eating, we headed to the Nasher Sculpture Center. Okay, before I continue, let me just say that if you can walk around a 3 block radius with 37 kids on a weekday in downtown Dallas and get everyone across the street(s) repeatedly without someone getting lost or run over, you will feel like a true accomplishment! haha Whew! The Nasher Sculpture Center was great. It's one of my favorite places ever! The sculptures are just awesome. The thing I remember was being told that Mr. Nasher once said "Sculptures have 360 different views." I love seeing sculpture art. We spent most of our time in the sculpture garden and had a blast!


That was our last stop. We jumped on the bus and headed back to Sherman. It was a great day. The bus ride was a trip down memory lane. I sat in the front on the way home with the parents and teachers instead of sitting with Jason. I wanted him to have time to "be a kid" on the bus without me sitting right next to him watching him! haha The kids were so wonderful today. VERY well behaved and well mannered. It was a truly great field trip!
Hope you enjoy the photos. I was so happy to get some great ones of Jason as he is not usually very happy for me to take his pictures. Today, he was thrilled to let me! Enjoy!
Sharon

No comments:
Post a Comment