Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mocha Mama!



Well, I finally got an Espresso Machine! I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the best invention since high heels and control top pantyhose!!!

Tonight, I made the kids tiny little hot mochas (hot chocolate) before bedtime. I put them in the tiny little espresso cups and they loved it. They are so cute! It's so fun to see them like what I like. They take pleasure in the silliest things...like me!

We had fun. We love the sound it makes as it steams the milk! We love the smell that fills the kitchen as it brews my espresso! We are going to have lots of fun with this. It's worth brewing just to fill the house with that Starbuck's aroma! I did get the Starbuck's Espresso at the grocery store and I have the complete recipe to make my own "Cafe Mocha" which is what I always buy at Starbuck's! I am so excited!

I feel like a Barista! (Definition: barista refers to one who has acquired some level of expertise in the preparation of espresso-based coffee drinks.)
I am by NO MEANS an expert..........but give me a few days! I can't wait to have friends over to have a Cafe Mocha or a cup of espresso! I want to learn to make "Froth Art" which I watched an ENTIRE episode on once on TLC or something like that! haha That's where when you pour the steamed milk or froth into the espresso, you do it in a way that makes a design! It's so cool! I am wayyyyyyyyyy far from that but I am GOING to learn it! My new goal! haha The top photo is one I found on google of some examples of froth art! Don't you know the kids would LOVE it if I can make a monkey face on top of their hot cocoa!?! I will not rest until I can! haha

I found a new website called coffeesnobs.com where you can read about all kinds of fun coffee stuff and tricks! I am loving it! I wish Todd liked coffee. This is fun, but I'd LOVE to be able to make him special coffee drinks. The art is lost on him. He kinda likes the smell, but that's about it. Me, I could set up a tent in the middle of Starbuck's, live and work there and I'd be thrilled! haha It's like walking into a long lost friend's house when I enter through the doors of our local coffee shop, Starbuck's or even Target nowdays where there is a full service Starbuck's! YIKES! Todd almost didn't want to move to Sherman based only on the fact that I may never leave Target! haha Two of my most favorite things under one roof! YIKES! If they put in a Chick-Fil-A.....me and the kids may actually live there! At least from 8 am until closing! haha

Well, I hope you all have a great week! Mondays are awful, but at least it's a holiday and the kids are out of school! Woohoo! If you're lucky enough to be off work today, do something fun and if you have to work.........try to have fun doing that! Love to all! Sharon

Here are the photos of my precious little friends with their "espresso"!




1 comment:

Dena said...

you are so stinkin funny!!! I can't wait til I'm off this cleanse, and can come over and have a mocha w/you...you'll be a pro by then :)