
LADIES, UNITE! CLUTTER IS CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, so I'll admit, it may be possible that I have lost my mind. Today, for some reason, I woke up with the overwhelming desire to organize my house! ICK!
So, I started small......the coat closet by the front door. No big deal. I can handle this and knock it out in 15 minutes, tops, I say to myself. HA!
After dragging out every single thing that both of the kids had stuffed into it when I've told them to "clean up" without me watching them and then the things we drag in from the car, games, etc........The closet was clean...And then the living room was a wreck! Sarah was "helping" me by dragging everything out and playing with it. She colored, pulled out her dance mats and started dancing, dressing dolls and putting assorted hairbows that we had just found into her hair and her dolls' hair.
SO, I get the closet back in order......and the living room.....by taking all items to just whatever room they belong in. Basically, just setting them in the floor in that room and leaving them to tend to when and if I make it to that particular room.
Which, I may admit at this point...does not look like it will be today. (Especially since I decided that this attempt at organization was "blog worthy")
So, I moved onto my Laundry Room. Can you say it with me...."CHAOS!" "CHAOS, I TELL YOU!"
I managed to get any piece of laundry that had been misplaced to behind the dryer by falling off of the top after being piled on top of the dryer. Then, I managed to get the cabinets over the washer AND dryer cleaned and organized and even labeled! I am super-woman at this point! Invincible! Get back, clutter.......I'm coming after you! Do you know that I am embarrassed to tell you that I had not one, not two, not even three empty laundry detergent or bleach bottles in my laundry cabinets and room........but NINE empty containers!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no excuse for this and I don't know what I was going to do with all of these containers, but somewhere in my twisted little domesticated mind, I thought I may "need" these eventually for some reason! hahahahahahhahahahah HA!
Needless to say, I tossed em!
Now, I'm onto the kitchen to tackle mountains of canned food that I keep buying and forgetting that we already have in the cabinet. Anyone out there need some Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken soup? I am guessing by looking in the cabinets that I must purchase at least 2 can of each every single time I go into a store without realizing it! I told you I was crazy!
I hope that I am not the only mom who battles the cluttery mess that is my home! As soon as I finish the cabinets, I am going to tackle the mysterious "junk drawer"...all 14 of them! haha.........
Hope your day is going well! I'll post more when I feel more sane and more accomplished as a domestic diva!
good day!
Sharon

No comments:
Post a Comment