Monday, April 27, 2009

WHAT a weekend!

We had a really great weekend! On Friday, I took Sarah with me to go do a little shopping! She calls it a "Shopping Date". So adorable! We went into this new boutique here called "Glitz & Glam" and we walked in and she stopped right in her tracks and said "Ooooohhhhh.....FASHION!" It was sooooooooooo cute! The sales-girl laughed and thought that she was so funny! It really was precious! She was like "THIS is where I'm supposed to be"! LOL We were just looking for a necklace for me but she made me try on the sunglasses, etc. She was wanting to touch everything in the store, so I figured out a great way to distract her! I carry a small (cheap) digital camera in my purse. I call it my purse camera. I use it when we're out and about. You know me, I can't be without one! Friends have joked with me about it before and said "Someday, we'll recieve photos posted online of Heaven when you get there!" LOL I doubt I'll be thinking of sending photographs home at that time, though! So, I may as well take as many as I can for now.










On Saturday, I had to drive to Houston to photograph a wedding. I had a fabulous time! I got to ride for nearly 3 hours in my car, by myself, armed with my ipod and cell phone! I talked to friends and listened to whatever music I chose....which did NOT include Hannah Montana, Clifford or Barbie! I listened as loud as I wanted and I even sang along as loud as I wanted just because I could! I had a great trip! The wedding was great and everyone was SOOOOO nice! Along with paying me....they gave me a beautiful gift basket with a nice bottle of wine, TONS of bath and body works stuff, etc! I was so surprised! It was very sweet! If you are reading this, Thanks, Dan & Carrie!

While I was gone to Houston, Todd, being the good daddy that he is....took Jason & Sarah on a little road trip of their own! His friend has a train track in his yard and trains, etc. (Like we had at our last house!) Sarah was so excited that she got to drive the train ALL BY HERSELF! She thought that was just too cool. Todd loves to watch them have fun with stuff like that. They both love trains as much as he does. Jason had a wonderful time, too. He has always been around trains but Sarah is just starting to get involved!






One of Daddy's friends plays with the kids and pretends he's tied to the tracks! Tooo funny! Daddy has some good friends!




















Sarah played brother's Nintendo DS in the back seat! Fun Stuff!

She may grow up to be a photographer! LOL




Jason took Todd's photo while he drove.











Todd took this photo of Jason! I love this! LOL
On Sunday, Todd's Uncle Michael showed up and asked if he could take Jason to his friends' house where they have a barn and several bands show up every so often to play! Yesterday, there were going to be about 4 bands there and he knew Jason would LOVE it! He was on his motorcycle, so we let him borrow my car to take Jason to the show. Couple of reasons....#1...I love Uncle Michael and trust him more than you can imagine with my child...but not on a motorcycle! LOL #2....It's hard to ride behind someone on a motorcycle and hang onto your electric guitar if you're only 9 years old. And last, but not least....#3....I can take my kiddo being a "rock star" around our friends & family and even a few strangers....but I cannot take the idea of him being a motorcycle man just yet! LOL

He had the BEST TIME EVER with Uncle Michael! Michael told his friends that Jason wanted to play and they said "sure....in a few more songs, then we'll let him". I'm sure they were thinking "Okay, some kid thinks he can play so we're going to have to let him try for a minute and then we'll get back to business." Well, he got on stage with them and was there the rest of the day! THEY LOVED HIM! The barn they play in is set up for shows, etc. but it is very small. There's not much room inside so most everyone just sits around in their lawn chairs outside and listens to the music. Michael said everyone started coming inside and squeezing in because they just HAD to see this little kid jamming out with the band! Jason said it was the best day of his LIFE! LOL They liked him so much that they let him just start playing whatever he wanted and they followed lead with the drums, bass, etc! He said it was like having a real band!

One man named Joe Jolly who is a Sherriff's Deputy loved it so much that when it was time to leave, he told Michael he wanted to give Jason something. They followed him to his car and he handed Jason a Yamaha 120SD vintage guitar!!!!! Hard case and all! He said that when he was 13 years old, he played and a man heard him. He gave him a guitar and told him to keep at it and he'd be great someday! He said that NEVER left him. He told them it was his time to "pay it forward" and so he just GAVE Jason this guitar! It was unreal! Jason came home so happy! Uncle Michael was almost in tears! (sorry, Michael.....I had to tell on ya!) :) It was great, though! I think it really made an impression on Jason. He told Jason to NEVER get rid of this guitar! Jason swears he won't ever! I am going to buy him ANOTHER Guitar stand today for it. He's up to 4 guitars now! Quite a collection for a 9 year old kid!

No comments: