Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fall is Here!!!!!!!!!! Hooray, Horray!

Well, this week has been GREAT! Great weather here! Our daily highs have been low eighties by the afternoon and somedays it didn't even get that high. Monday morning, we walked outside to take Jason to school and he said "MOM! You're favorite SEASSSSSOOOOONNNNN is here!" He knows fall is my absolute favorite time of year. The air is crisper, not to mention the leaves. Shades of burnt orange and yellow seem to be everywhere. The time of year when you can go to the park in the middle of the day and not even break a sweat pushing the kids on the swing. The time of year when I start getting ready to cook chili! We wait all year for chili and cornbread! I make great chili......not bragging, just the facts. :) I love opening all of the windows in the morning and letting the air filter through the house.

Today, Sarah & I put out our fall decorations while Jason was at school. Last year, she was scared of jack-o-lanterns. We have a really cute one with fiber optic lights and he's a scarecrow lantern. He is her best friend this year! She kept wanting to go out to the front porch to tell him hi. When we would leave the house today for anything, she would go and tell him where we were going and that "we be right back, okay?" He never answered her. (Good thing, I suppose OR I may have been scared of him, too! haha) I still can't believe she'll be THREE years old next week! WOA! Where does the time go? Most of you know how I LOVE birthdays! I love to make a big deal of birthdays for the kids. (and me and Todd, too! haha)

Jason came home with math and spelling and reading as usual. He loves to sit on the patio and do his homework outside. I recently got him a little desk and chair so he can sit out there, enjoy nature, concentrate without Sarah climbing his back and do his homework in peace. He is still in love with his new school! It's so great. It's like a private school but it's not. There are only 16 kids in his class and there are only TWO third grade classes! Tomorrow is Student Council elections. He came home excited today because he said that 6 people are voting for him! I have explained to him that if he doesn't make it, he shouldn't be upset. This is only his first year to try. He said he'll be fine. They also start clubs this year. He is joining the drum club.

Todd's job is going fine. He likes it and is learning fast. We love where we live and the kids are doing so great! I love staying home with them. It's been a real blessing to be able to do that. We have time to bake, play, read, color, whatever.

I'd say right now........in this first week of what feels like fall.....life is good. Actually, I'd say great! Life is GREAT!

God bless you all!

No comments: