"Thank you, God for giving me something so special to share with others!"
Blue used to be my color you see,
Not on my clothes,
But actually on me.
My fingers and toes
Not shaded in rose.
Just like Cinderella,
I was racing the clock,
Running behind
Always having to stop.
Wanting to see
My fairy tale ending…
But so out of breath
My heart needed mending.
But then something happened
A miracle day
I got my heart fixed…
And the blues went away!
Now I am
as pink as can be…
I can run, jump & play…
And have fun being ME!
Like Snow White,
I am full of good cheer!
I have lots of energy
And I'm so glad I’m here!
I love to play dress up
And dance with my friends
And enjoy ending each day
With a good tucking in!
I sleep like a beauty
And rise like the sun
And now I can play
‘til the whole day is done!
My favorite things are
Running and swimming…
Someday I sure hope
To shock them by winning!
I swim like a fish…
Or a mermaid, I guess.
I can swim really quick
Without fighting for breath!
I can’t wait to see
What life has for me…
But one of my wishes
Is to go visit Disney!
To meet all the princesses
That have inspired me so!
To hug them and kiss them
And to just let them know…
I was once sick…
And now I'm all well
I’m pink like sleeping Beauty…
And graceful, like Belle!
So I’m letting go of “the blues”
And moving on with my life.
It’s hard to believe…
That I’m already five!
There’ve been days in my life
That were nowhere near “fun”
But my fairy tale’s here…
And with the blues…I am done!
- Sharon Swan
January 19, 2010
Sarah is getting her "wish" from the Make a Wish Foundation to meet the princesses at Disney World in February! She is so excited and thankful, as are we. After all she has been through, this will be a great celebration of her journey and all she's been through and endured. We are so thankful for her and the blessing she is to us! God is SO great!











No comments:
Post a Comment