


Yesterday was a cold, rainy, dreary day! Yes, that is an exclamation point! We haven't had many of those lately and even though my first response is always "Yuck"...."Rain", sometimes, it's nice to enjoy the rain. Of course, yesterday, I had to take both kids to the dentist and it was pouring down. BUT, it made it a little more memorable. We had to run run run to the door to get inside the office and it was kind of fun. The kids thought it was funny that we got a little wet.
Then, we took Jason to school. He was a little nervous to go in late because he had gotten a new haircut this weekend and thought he was going to get a lot of attention for that when he walked in late. Which, he did.........he said everyone thought he was a new student and he played it up and told them to call him "Jake". LOL It was funny and he actually laughed about it. It wasn't nearly as embarrassing as what happened to him last week. He came home from school, walked in the front door and said "SARAH.....WHY did you put a pair of your panties in my backpack?!" It was HILARIOUS! Even Jason laughed about that! He was pulling out the stuff in his backpack and to his surprise, his sister had put some Hannah Montana panties inside his bag! She's only four, but I think the concept of "feedback" may already have set in with her! LOL
Yesterday, Sarah & I were running errands and she was hungry. First she said she wanted to go eat at the "grape" place. I had NO idea what she was talking about. She finally decided she wanted some queso dip and chips. (her favorite thing to eat!) Well, it was raining still and we were hungry, so I gave in. I took her to the Jalapeno tree for Queso. It's a pretty cheap lunch for the two of us. Just a cup of queso and two drinks and she gets free ice cream on the way out the door! We had fun. I asked for a window seat and she sat and looked at birds who were hiding under the eaves of the building and made up stories about them. We just sat and watched it rain and enjoyed a warm cup of queso.
Then, we headed home to finish straightening the house and get ready for Jason to get home. I had told him to ride the bus home as usual but I didn't realize it would STILL be raining. So, while Sarah watched a movie, I ran down the street with my umbrella in the POURING down rain to get Jason when the bus showed up. He was so relieved to see me coming with the umbrella! We ran together to the house laughing. We got home and made homemade hot cocoa which is our favorite in the winter! It was nice to sit in the dining room with hot cocoa and watch the rain pour down outside. We played a few games while dinner cooked and then we got on the homework. Ick.
It was a pretty wet day, but the rain actually made it a little better. :) Sometimes the storms of life are the same way. Sometimes, if we just "roll with it" we may get wet....but at the end of the storm, we can dry off and enjoy being warm and dry!

No comments:
Post a Comment