


On Thursday, we met with Sarah's cardiologist at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. It was her regular checkup. She gets them every 4-6 months. She hasn't had a surgery since before she turned one, but we are coming up on the last of the series of heart surgeries.
At her appointment, he told us that he wants to see her again in February or March and at that appointment, he will go ahead and schedule her for her heart catherization surgery which will take place a few weeks or months later (we don't really know the exact timeline on that yet.)
From there, after the cath, they will set a plan of action and her open heart surgery will be within 6 months of that. Either way, we are going to be looking at getting her surgeries over with and behind us sometime within the next year and a half!
The funniest thing happened at the doctor's office on Thursday.....
For the first time, they asked us to put a hospital gown on her. They requested that we tie it in the front so I followed directions. She looked down at it like I had put her in a plastic sack! LOL Then, we went for the chest xrays and on our way BACK to the exam room, she untied it and just turned her nose up and threw it down in the floor of the hallway! She WOULD NOT wear it! The photo of her with her cup in the hospital gown is the only one I got. I made her laugh and snapped the photo! It was so funny. haha I told Todd I needed to get her some "custom" hospital gowns made up before her surgery! We both laughed about it! However, we really are getting her some made! I have a lady that makes some of Sarah's clothing and she is making them for us! I'm going to take Sarah to pick out the fabrics she wants and we'll have matching hairbows, too! haha She'll be the most well-dressed hospital heart surgery patient you've ever seen! LOL
That's my girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment