Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am so blessed!

Some days you feel more blessed than others, I will admit! Especially as a mom. Today, I wrote a poem about being a mom and how it makes you feel sometimes. Today, the funniest thing so far has been that I asked Sarah to pick up her toys in the living room and she simply said "No thanks." At least she used her manners! haha Hope all of you have a great day today!

Some Days...I'm Stressed....But EVERY day...I'm blessed!

Some days I feel happy...
Some days I feel mad.
Some days I feel great
Some days I feel bad.

There are so many moments
I share with my kids...
And sometimes I'm sure they think
I've flipped my lid!

Some days I feel worried
About how they'll turn out...
And sadly I admit
That somedays I shout.

Some days I am relaxed
Some days I am stressed...
But every single day...
I know I am blessed.

Blessed with the chances
that God gives to me
To tuck them in tight
And bandage their knees.

Blessed by the times
they hug me and say...
"Mommy, I love you...
I had a fun day!"

Sometimes I think
When the day's not as bright...
And I wonder and worry
"Am I doing this right?!"

I sometimes do feel
overwhelmed as the "one"
who settles battles all day
with the errands to run...
Who plans stuff to do
And keeps laundry up too
And cooks all their dinners
And breakfast and lunch...
Who takes care of it all
And thinks best in a crunch!

Someday there will be time
When I'll go back in my mind...
And think "that was easy...I wish I could go rewind"!
A time when I won't remember the stress...
I'll simply look back and say "I've been blessed!"

No comments: