Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas 2007


















Well, Christmas has come and gone....again. Whew, how time flies! The kids got a lot of fun toys, we spent a lot of time together as a family and had a great visit with a lot of our family members and spoke to the ones we couldn't be with over the telephone.

We were thankful to have such a sweet Christmas this year. Our children had a blast and enjoyed every minute of it. Even the car ride to and from Lufkin was pleasurable this time! We may be making progress! I hope.

Todd got me a new iPod Nano for Christmas so I have been spending lots of time downloading my favorite music and photos! I haven't gotten to the "video" part of it just yet.......I'm good with music & pics, though!

We went to Lufkin for a few days before Christmas to spend time with Todd's family and to visit my Dad & Carol as well! We got to go to my Dad's church and listen to him play piano which I loved and then to their house for visiting which was a real treat. At Todd's parents we had the traditional Christmas feast on Christmas Eve before packing up and heading home. Christmas Eve night, Todd grilled steaks for us! They were so beautiful that I took a picture of them! See below!

On Christmas day, the kids woke up around 7:30 which is LATE for Christmas day! We enjoyed watching them see their presents from Santa and then opening gifts from us. They had so much fun. Then, Todd & Jason watched movies while I started preparing a Christmas dinner for us and my Grandparents! They came over for dinner. It was great! I made a HUGE turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and my very first Pecan Pie! (which, I also took a picture of!) Sarah & I got matching aprons for Christmas and wore them. She loves to "help" me cook. She's only mixing water and flour, but look how happy it makes her!

We probably had one of the best Christmases EVER this year. We got to spend a lot of quality time with those we love. I did wish we could have seen some more of those who weren't here, but there's always next year! I missed my sisters and brothers, my mom and some of my closest friends during the holidays, but they were with me in my thoughts.

I hope each and every one of you had a great Christmas and I hope your New Year is great as well! Love and peace to all!

Love, Sharon

No comments: